1. What did you do in 2005 that you'd never done before?
- Choreographed all of the violence and mayhem for a feature length film.
- Tested for and earned my black sash in Kung Fu.
- Attempted a 25K race
- Wait! How could I forget!?!? I went on a Swamp Walk. Never done that before.
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
No resolutions for me. I’ve enough guilt and remorse without setting myself up for failure. You either do it, or you don’t. Either way, “resolving” to do it is neither here nor there.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Nope, but a dear good friend FINALLY got pregnant after much disappointment, surgery and prayer. So, ask again next year.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No. Regrettably, someone I was very much looking forward to knowing did.
5. What countries did you visit?
Great Britain, Canada
6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005?
- The ability to let things go.
- A second degree black sash.
- More time just hanging out and enjoying the cool people in my life.
7. What date(s) from 2005 will remain etched your memory, and why?
Dates don’t exactly stay etched in my memory. They just don’t. I will remember many things from this year…just not necessarily when that they happened this year, or what particular order they happened in.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
9. What was your biggest failure?
I prefer not to think of anything I do or don’t do as a failure. There are opportunities I’ve missed, but have tried to learn from:
- Having difficulty seeing when to back off and when to step in, where my boys are concerned.
- Opportunities I missed to spend more time with my kids.
- Focusing too much on things that I have no power or control over.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Lots of little ones…such is the life of a martial artist.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Rocky bought it for me… my iRiver.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
- My Boys: Actually it’s merited everything from tears to celebration, to the rending of clothing and gnashing of teeth. Sometimes in the same day.
- My husband: How does he always seem to know the right things to do/say?
- My close friends: For keeping me sane and making me laugh. Especially Sue.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Most of the current Government of our country, the Main-Stream Media (giving us a unique blend of Bread and Circuses and Propaganda), Televangelists…but what’s new?
At times, my own. At times, people close to me. Thankfully, those moments are fleeting.
14. Where did most of your money go?
- Food, clothing (yeay black tee shirts!), shelter
- Taxes (not complaining, I’ve lived in Alabama…I loves my taxes…LOVES my taxes.)
- Fitness and sports equipment/tuition/memberships
- Chocolate. Wonderful, bitter-dark chocolate.
- Coffee; the elixir of the Gods
- Alcohol; the elixir of the Gods
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
- Helping make a movie
Trip to see Gary and Isa in Great Britain
16. What song(s) will always remind you of 2005?
All the songs from “American Idiot” – Greenday
“Rebels of the Sacred Heart” “Factory Girls” and “What’s Left of the Flag” –and anything else by Flogging Molly
“Satan is my Motor” and “Dime” by Cake
“Weapons of Mass Distortion” by The Crystal Method
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier.
ii. thinner or fatter? About the same.
iii. richer or poorer? About the same.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
- Goofing around with my kids
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
- Angsting about other people’s shit.
- Angsting about stuff I have no power or control over.
- Surfing the Web
- Answering pointless e-surveys.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
With my Guys…Rocky, Adventure Boy and Grasshopper.
21. Why is there no question “21”?
How the hell am I supposed to know? Some Lameiod probably accidentally deleted it when they forwarded it on.
22. Did you fall in love in 2005?
Everyday I’ve fallen in love with the same guy for the last 19 years. I know, lame. I can’t help it. He’s just so…lovable.
23. How many one-night stands?
Zero. Hello…see above? Besides, not my thing. Also, none of you’re damned business.
24. What was your favorite TV program(s)?
Firefly (Mal’s got that broody/angsty thing).
The Daily Show with the ADORABLE (if short and slightly corpulent Jon Stewart)
StarGate SG-1 with the ADORABLE Michael Shanks as Daniel. (Just plain adorable, no addendums. OK, so I KNOW he’s a little bookish. That’s actually a bit of a turn-on for me.)
BattleStar Galactica- There’s no cute guys on there…it’s just good TV.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I don’t hate anyone. Some people make that a lot of work to not hate them, but everyone’s better off if people avoid the whole “hating people” thing. So I merely mock them at every opportunity instead.
26. What was the best book you read?
The Confusion – by Neil Stephenson
Harry Potter and the Half –Blood Prince –By J.K. Rowling
27. What was/were your greatest musical discoveries?
Flogging Molly, Crystal Method, Cake
28. What did you want and get?
- Time with friends.
- A loving family.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Tie between Crash and Serenity.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
No idea. They won’t show me the video.
Seriously, I went to dinner with my family…nothing big. I turned 38.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Honestly, nothing I can think of.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005?
- Everyday – jock chick
- Dress-up – classic femme fatale – think Jessica Rabbit
- One brief foray into a weird fusion of ren-festy busty wench garb meets dance-club chick. It worked.
34. What kept you sane?
- My husband (and he doesn’t drink much at all, considering)
- My kids
- Working out
- My best friend, Sue
- Hard liquor
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Michael Shanks. (duh)
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
The war. My cousin being one of those called to serve.
37. Who did you miss?
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Conrad and Christina, Colin and Jess.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005:
I learned that I have nothing to prove.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
“So how come this gathering storm
Pours little on the truth?
Where the smoking gun’s a familiar
song let loose.
With the bombed out cars come the falling stars
From a heaven, we’ll never know
And the nameless names
On the misspelled graves grow tall…
We’re still screaming at the Wailing Wall.”
“Screaming at the Wailing Wall”
Within a Mile of Home